Saturday, June 03, 2006

following tony pierce's twentyninth rule, we're all going to pretend i've been blogging obsessively over the last few months. got it?


today i taught kids to swim in a pool that has been making my body scream in rashes and itches for the last month. if i wasn't so poor, i wouldn't act like i don't care. anyway, i have one kid called angelo. last week i fixed his goggles for him and asked him if they were ok, and he said "there's no worries here." he's three years old. suffice to say he's a very cute little gentleman.

today, angelo stood in his little speedos on the side of the pool and looked at me through his eyelashes.

hey angelo, my little friend, let's get in the pool.

he forced his little legs to inch forward over the wet tiles and clutched my outstretched fingers with his chubby hand. he daintily stepped down the stairs with pointed toes and widened eyes at the warm bath-like water. then he lunged at me, grabbed me around the neck, and kissed my cheek.

i like you, miss alix.

i like you too, angelo.

after he swam dog paddle by himself with a cheeky and determined smile, i turned to his mum, sitting on the metal seat next to the pool edge.

if you ever need a babysitter...

2 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must meet this Angelo... I have much to learn from his gentlemanly ways. Kids are great like that :)

Tis also nice to know he calls you Miss Alix!

To quote the Simpsons:
"I thought I was the only one!"
"A pain I know all two well."

Well, I must be off to church now my awesome Sister in Christ. If in the next few weeks you find time to tell me which church you go to (cause I'm sure there'd be a few different churches in Kingsgrove), I will come visit you soon.

God bless you Miss Alix :)

Wilmo

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cutest child ever!
Haha!

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home